Large text hides in textarea [duplicate]

The name of the picture


Large text hides in textarea [duplicate]



This question already has an answer here:



I have textarea field:


<div class="form-group">


<textarea minlength="1" maxlength="1024" placeholder="Message" [(ngModel)]="customModal.userMessage" #comments="ngModel"
name="comments" id="comments" class="form-control input-lg msg-textarea msg-body" rows="5" required></textarea>

</div>



When I add large text the textfield stretches but the upper text keeps hiding.



textarea



I want that if I add large text the fields keeps stretching downward.



textarea2



Update:
I am using angular.
I tried solution:



component.ts


autogrow(){
let textArea = document.getElementById("textarea")
textArea.style.overflow = 'hidden';
textArea.style.height = '0px';
textArea.style.height = textArea.scrollHeight + 'px';
}



html:


<textarea id="textarea" (keyup)="autogrow()" ></textarea>



As my textarea is in popup on every keyup my textarea height keeps changing. Which is not desired behavior.



Update 2
As my modal has property of staying in middle of the page that is why it was fluctuating when textarea size grows.
If I close debugger the fluctuation goes away.



SO post answer I referred



This question has been asked before and already has an answer. If those answers do not fully address your question, please ask a new question.





Similar question : stackoverflow.com/questions/2803880/…
– Anas
6 hours ago





@Anas Applied solutions given for this post. None worked. Thanks though.
– Simer
6 hours ago




Popular posts from this blog

Stripe::AuthenticationError No API key provided. Set your API key using “Stripe.api_key = ”

CRM reporting Extension - SSRS instance is blank

Keycloak server returning user_not_found error when user is already imported with LDAP