Presenting a Node JS webapp without hosting

The name of the picture


Presenting a Node JS webapp without hosting



I am asking about a question directed towards displaying my computers IP address at a coding competition, I am not hosting the website online and to give a demo is it safe for me to type my home computers ip after I start serving the webapp before I leave my house. Sorry if this question is pretty stupid.





What is your question?
– asifsaho
6 hours ago





Why don't you just host your Node app locally while giving your presentation ? This way only localhost or 127.0.0.1 will show up.
– Zenoo
6 hours ago


localhost


127.0.0.1





You can try something called "tunneling" ngrok.com
– Felix Fong
6 hours ago




1 Answer
1



You can easily do it using ngrok with just 4 easy steps.



Read the documentation on how to use ngrok.





Thanks man, Ill check it out
– Ben Henderson
4 hours ago





@BenHenderson Let me know if it works for you :)
– Jack
4 hours ago





Hey @BenHenderson did it work?
– Jack
1 hour ago





Still at work, typing this under desk. I'll get home around 6 or 7 pm UK time, Ill let you know then.
– Ben Henderson
1 hour ago






By clicking "Post Your Answer", you acknowledge that you have read our updated terms of service, privacy policy and cookie policy, and that your continued use of the website is subject to these policies.

Popular posts from this blog

Stripe::AuthenticationError No API key provided. Set your API key using “Stripe.api_key = ”

CRM reporting Extension - SSRS instance is blank

Keycloak server returning user_not_found error when user is already imported with LDAP